Psychological safety. "About what???" I can hear some of you ask - it was also a new term for us at the Foundation. Psychological safety is all about creating an environment that encourages honesty and transparency, that allows bad news to be heard and acted upon. Our panel takes you on a journey into psychological safety: aviation wellbeing researcher Capt. Paul Cullen, humanitarian services specialist Otibho Agbareh & safety researcher Dr Robert Jan de Boer.
Refer others to this page so they can learn too! After all, we collectively own the global aviation safety record.
Please help us improve our service to you and fill this short survey
Resources related to this episode:
- Team leadership in aviation, classroom courses in Kigali (21-24 March 2023)
- Human factors in aviation, classroom courses. Click here to book for the Kigali course (6-7 March) and click here to book for the Nairobi course (9-10 March)
- Click here to download Africa's SafetyFocus magazine
- Click here to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter with free resources and updates
- Safety Leadership: A Different, Doable and Directed Approach to Operational Improvements by Robert J. de Boer, ISBN 978-0367698089
Otibho's tip: Personal Effects - What Recovering the Dead Teaches Me About Caring for the Living by Robert Jensen, ISBN 9781250267993