Focus Sessions – safety in ground handling
Learn from our panel of experts how you can improve performance, safety and efficiency of aircraft ground handling. Jonathan Lewis, Chamsou Andjorin and Wout Ruijs allow you to learn from their decades of joint experience in promoting safety in aircraft ground handling. Refer others to this page so they can learn too! After all, we collectively own the global aviation safety record.
Please help us improve our service to you and fill this short survey
On time performance, service improvement, reduced cost margins, safety and compliance are all 'must haves' but it makes for a complex environment. Damage from ground-related occurrences implies increased safety risks and economic consequences for all organizations involved. Service provider threats include high turnover of personnel, lack of positive safety culture implementation & lack of SMS implementation, or no interface with the airlines. What best practices and new ideas are out there to reduce the risks?
Resources related to this episode:
- Learn from Zambia ISAGO certified ground handler NAC2000 about improving performance and safety
- Let us help you 'onboard' new staff with this affordable online course 'Aeronautical knowledge for safety'
- Team leadership in aviation, classroom courses in Kigali (20-21 March 2023) & Nairobi (23 & 24 March 2023)
- Click here to download Africa's SafetyFocus magazine
- Click here to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter with free resources and updates
Jonathan Lewis' tip: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, ISBN 978-8172234980