The importance of aeronautical information/data changed significantly with the implementation of area navigation (RNAV), performance-based navigation (PBN), airborne computer-based navigation systems and data link systems.
This 5-day intensive AIS-AIM training assists all parties involved in AIS (data originators, aeronautical information service providers and AIS oversight bodies) in preparing to implement Aeronautical Information Management (AIM).
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of all parties in the aeronautical data chain (data originators, AIS oversight bodies, AIS and data providers)
- Recognize the key components in the management of aeronautical data and information
- Understand the concept of safety oversight applied to AIS including the oversight roles and responsibilities
- Understand how to prepare the transition from AIS to AIM as a prerequisite for a SWIM enabled environment (SWIM - System Wide Information Management)
- Understand the role AIM plays within ICAO Global Air Traffic Management
INTENDED PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE:
- Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) staff
- Senior AIS officers
- Newly recruited AIS/M staff
- Chief Air Traffic Control Officers
- Flight safety staff
- Air Navigation Services staff
Course subject include
- Aircraft familiarisation
- Safety impact of aeronautical information
- AIM principles
- ICAO Roadmap from AIS to AIM
- AIRAC cycle & its importance
- Aircraft performance & AIM data
- Aeronautical Information - the pilot’s view
- Common reference system in AIS – WGS-84
- Performance Based Navigation
- Introduction to risk management & Safety Management Systems
- General aeronautical knowledge refresher
Request a quotation
This course is given at the ASPC-Rwanda with individual enrollment - keep an eye on our events calendar for a next edition. It can also be given on your location in Africa. Contact us for a quotation for an in-company course.
There are no planned events at this moment.